Carla Jean finds the best time-wasters!!!
1.) Where did you ring in 2006?
Spent the early evening at a party with Greg’s friends and then rang in the new year at the Church of the Highlands.
2.) What was your status on Valentine’s Day?
3.) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
yes… for a full semester!
4.) How did you earn your keep?
Supervising a department at a call center, mostly.
5.) Did you ever have to go to the hospital?
Not for myself, but to see others.
6.) Have you ever encountered the police?
Not that I can recall… unless the security guard that was at Gospel Supply on Saturday counts.
7.) Where did you go on vacation?
Atlanta (does that count?) and Colorado (in two days!)
8.) What did you purchase that was over $500?
A new car!
9.) Did you know anybody who got married?
Justin & Maggie, Mollie & Jarrod
10.) Did you know anybody who passed away?
My dad… my sister’s father-inlaw… my nephew’s nine-year old dog, Babe
11.) Have you run into anybody you graduated high school with?
I probably did, but none that I can recall of great significance.
12.) Did you move anywhere?
To Montevallo & back home
13.) What sporting events did you go to?
Atlanta Braves vs. the Mets! It was great!
14.) What concerts did you go to?
Chris Thile & Death Cab for Cutie… I think that’s it. Pretty sad, eh?
15.) Are you registered to vote?
16.) If so, did you do your patriotic duty on Nov. 7?
17.) Where do you live now?
at my hizzy with my mom
18.) Describe your birthday.
I spent my “birthday eve” at my parents’ and then we drove to Montevallo… where Greg had set up the most amazing birthday party ever! After the party, many of us went out for ice cream and then to Ryan & Josh’s place for drinks!
19.) What’s the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2006?
Go to my Dad’s funeral… go to a bar in Tuscaloosa the night before a big game… drive a stick shift… adopt a dog.
20.) What is one thing you regretted this year?
I don’t regret anything, really. Sounds cliche, but… God will show me why I did certain things and why certain things happened to me… in His time, and so there’s no reason to regret or second guess myself.
21.) What’s something you learned about yourself?
How much I adore my family and friends. That I love a good film – not just a movie. That I am the only person who sees the minor flaws in my appearance. How quickly life can change.
22.) Any new additions to your family?
Yes, I have a new cousin… her name is Julia Ann.
23.) What was your best month?
24.) What from pop culture will you remember 2006 by?
That this is the year Brad & Angelina had a baby!!!
25.) How would you rate this year with a scale from 1 (shitty) to 10 (the shit)?
ehhh… I’d say about an eight. Despite the obvious dent in my year, God granted me a lot of really, really great moments to remember my Dad with – many of which occurred earlier this year.
(It’ll be interesting to look back over this survey this time next year)
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
3. New house?
4. What will you do different in 07?
Live for today.
5. New Years resolution?
I have three:
1. Spend more time with my family (grandparents, mainly)
2. Start volunteering somewhere
3. Make the most of each day, each moment, and each opportunity.
6. What will you not be doing in 07?
Who can say?
7. Any trips planned?
My family and I are semi-planning a trip to Chicago for the summer – hopefully the plans will work out. I’ll also be going to Colorado again in June for Katie’s wedding… and I’m really, REALLY hoping for a spring time trip to North Carolina to visit Alisa.
8. Wedding plans?
Just to attend Katie’s!
9. Major things on your calendar?
Arnold’s “first birthday” (there will be a party!!), Mom’s 60th birthday…
10. What can’t you wait for?
Harry Potter V, Pirates of the Carribean II, and another year with Greg!
11. What would you like to see happen different?
That’s too much like regret.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
Getting my priorities straight… and protecting what’s important to me.
13. What happened in 06 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
Dad dying… getting a “real” job… being free of college…
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
If I get any nicer, they’d think I’m fake.
15. Will you dress differently this year then you did in 06?
16. Will you start or quit drinking alcohol?
I like my alochol intake
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
It’s great as it is, but things could always get better!
18. Will you do charity work?
I hope so
19. Will you go to bars?
20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
21. Do you expect 07 to be a good year for you?
It will be good, yes.
22. How much did you change from this time last year til now?
I have grown up more in the past few months than probably… ever.
23. Do you plan on having a child?
Haha. God, I hope not! That’d be virgin birth number two for the big man upstairs!
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I hope so.
25. Major lifestyle changes?
Not that I can forsee, other than the “living for the moment” thing.
26. Will you be moving?
Not if I can help it!
27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 07 that happened in 06?
28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
Cabin in the Rockies, I hope!
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight? absolutely
30. One wish for 07?