I sold my pants to Kenny Bania….. and other random remarks.
1. Now that another week has begun (and is halfway over), I haven’t had time to watch the Olympics so I can critique them. HOWEVER. I did notice a lot of product placement in the opening ceremonies (hello, Sony video cameras….) which annoyed the crap out of me. But, I’m not even going to go there today.
2. In other news, today is Ash Wednesday. That means the beginning of Lent. I have chosen a rather unconventional behavior to give up for Lent… but it’s one I hope I don’t return to in 40 days. More on that, later. Let’s just say it involves James 3 and Proverbs 15:1.
3. An interaction between me and a student, who I’ll call…. Uncle Leo….
Uncle Leo: Ms. Lewis, can I go to the bathroom?
Me: We just went! Did you not go before we came in the classroom?
Uncle Leo: Yes, I did.
Me: Well then you shouldn’t need to go now.
Uncle Leo: But I gotta go bad, Ms. Lewis!
Me: Can you not wait?
Uncle Leo: No… I gotta go (indicates “#2” with his fingers)
Me: (I just grinned…. laughed….) Make it fast.
4. LOST blew my mind this week. I’m glad the numbers came back… and I’m now more confused about Locke… and curious about what Sawyer’s up to and what the heck he’s thinking.
5. There was something really funny that I thought about that led me to start writing this post…. but, I can’t remember what it was. At all. All I know is that it was funny.
Upcoming in March:
SPRING BREAK. Also known as catch-up week for me. No trips this year.
Alice in Wonderland.