It has been quite a week. Here’s a quick re-cap:
1. Started my placement on Monday. I am in 2nd grade at Southview Elementary two days a week. I love it! My teacher is easy to work with and the kids are great. Southview is a Title I school, which is the type of school I [think] I want to work in when I first graduate. These kids are “at hope” and need lots of attention and guidance, but it’s totally worth it.
Some funny things that have already happened:
– While writing a list of weather conditions in their daily journals, I overheard one group discussing whether a “brainstorm” was a weather condition or not. It was hysterical!
– I have been asked if I have any kids or a husband about 10,000 times.
– One little girl tried to kiss me on the cheek! It was so cute and totally awkward all at the same time! Teachers must have a 6th sense that lets us know when little bodies are coming in for the kill because I quickly realized what was happening and gently pushed her away and said “Don’t you give me any germs!!” I don’t ever want to deny affection to a child because you never know how much or how little affection they receive at home. Sometimes, a teacher is the only source of kindness and affection a child sees all day long. I am not available for kisses, but I am always available for side-hugs. 🙂
– Just so happened to walk by the nurse’s office right in time to watch a kid puke.
Those are just a few of the funny things that have already happened. I am sure that my list will just get longer as the semester goes on!
2. Tim Walsh, our new worship leader, started on Sunday. EXCELLENT. Worship was so great on Sunday. Working with him is so natural and I’m looking forward to getting to know him & his sweet family!
3. The tendinitis foot seems to be getting back to normal. I haven’t worn a brace at all this week, which was probably a bad idea…. but the foot feels like it’s getting better. Thank you, Jesus.
4. I had a facebook message conversation with Michael Shepard (of Lovedrug) in which I implied that he was being a virtual creeper. About two minutes after I sent him said message, I realized who he was. There go my chances with a rock star. Oops. 🙂
5. Speaking of facebook, it changed. And I don’t like it. But, I think this new layout is going to help me break my facebook addiction, so I’m okay with that. Google Buzz also came out and, to be honest, I haven’t found a need for it. It’s just one more social network that I’d have to keep up with. Make it go away.
6. Tuesday night, the women in my family and I went to Sips ‘n Strokes. Hilarity ensued.
7. It is apparently supposed to snow today…. we’ll see. All I know is that classes are canceled which means I have more time to do homework. How sad is that?
8. Dreamed I had a black widow spider as a pet last night. I don’t even want to know what that means.
9. LOST this week was re.donk.u.lous. Seriously. It was over as soon as it started. I wish I had some elaborate theory on how things are going to turn out, but I’m so lost… no pun intended. Here is what I think:
– Sayid is not infected with the same thing that Rosseau’s team had. Remember, she had to kill the members of her team (except Alex, of course, who was taken) once they became infected. Sayid cannot be killed, so he is infected with something else entirely. He is not Jacob, either. Whatever has happened to him is bad for the Others, which is why they want to kill him.
– Jack is going to join forces with/become/emulate/follow Jacob at some point. I feel like this is almost a given, since Locke and Jack are enemies and Jacob & the Man In Black (MIB) are enemies (and MIB is currently imitating Locke).
– What is happening off the island is actually happening in 2004. When the atom bomb went off, September 22, 2004 began again. What is happening then is what would have happened if the plane had never crashed. As we saw this week, Jack and Kate are beginning to recognize people. Kate was struck when she heard Claire call the baby “Aaron.” I have no clue why this is happening or what it will mean… will the 2004 versions get to the island?
10. I. AM. TIRED. Monday & Tuesday with second graders and then two days of intense classes and assignments have me beat. I fell asleep last night somewhere around 9:30. Craziness.
That’s my week in ten items or less. It is Friday at 6:21 am and I have lesson plans to write….. hooray.